Investors in the Environment is a not for profit environmental accreditation scheme. It is designed to help the business sector save money and reduce their impact on the environment. We provide all the help, support, promotion and networking you need to get your business started and ensure you get recognition for your green efforts.
Investors in the Environment is seen as the 'Green Hub' for businesses as we have a range of services as part of the business membership:
- Accreditation (subject to meeting the Investors in the Environment criteria)
- Green Events and Seminars (more than 8 per year)
- Resource Library (containing tools such as Smart meters and Thermal imaging Cameras)
- Promotion through our media avenues, at our awards ceremony, on our website and through our newsletters
- Networking though our members, pledgers, events and Green Directory
- Telephone and email support for all that is green
- Tools, templates, spreadsheets, step by step packs and case studies to help you green your business effectively and achieve your accreditation
Any business, whether on Bronze, Silver or Green Level get all of these services.
About us - Our Story
Investors in the Environment was initially launched to help Peterborough businesses reduce their impact on the environment and to play a key part in helping Peterborough strive for its Environment Capital mission. Due to the scheme's success, helping businesses on a number of levels, it has now expanded to cover Cambridgeshire (and parts of the East of England), as well as Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire, Buckinghamshire and Northamptonshire.
Most recently the scheme attracted a franchise in Yorkshire. This exciting new partnership for Investors in the Environment is managed by Yorkshire Energy Partnership and will cover all businesses in the North of the United Kingdom.
To date Investors in the Environment has over 700 businesses pledging to be greener through the scheme and over 110 of these are members that are journeying through, if not already achieving their Bronze, Silver or Green accreditation status and stamp. Our product and services can help any business, so our long term aim is to grow nationally, making the world greener as we grow. No business is too big for Bronze or too small for Green level accreditation. See our success stories page for more information on how businesses have excelled in the green arena and are enjoying the promotion and networking that their membership brings.
If you are looking to gain an environmental accreditation or wanting to franchise Investors in the Environment in your local area, please get in touch.