In the run up to our annual Investors in the Environment Awards we have put together another set of inspiring speakers and free online events to help your business move forward with its environmental goals.
The aim is to engage individuals and business teams with different eco initiatives to inspire, influence and share best practice. Everyone is welcome to register their place at the online events, which run from Monday 11th to Thursday 14th October. Hear from a range of inspiring speakers, including:
- Mark Meyrick, Head of Smart Grids and PPA’s at Ecotricity
- David Knight, Environmental Consultant, PECT
- Ian Achurch, Head of Economy & Strategy at Northampton County Council
- Simon Blaaser, Carbon Mentor & Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure Specialist at SaveMoneyCutCarbon
- Dr Julia Baker, Biodiversity Technical Specialist at Balfour Beatty Construction Services UK
- Dr Nick Baker, Principal Advisor (Net Gain) at Natural England
- Paul Fieldhouse, Business Growth Advisor, WLP
- Dr Anne Woolridge, Chief Operating Officer, Independent Safety Services
- Georgina Wilson-Powell, Founder at Pebble
- Barbara Hale, Director of Water Efficiency Engagement of Waterwise
- Ben Earl, Director of Sustainability & Water Efficiency at Skewb
The week’s events will culminate in the iiE Awards 2021, on Thursday 14th October at 4pm. This year’s guest speaker will be award-winning author and creative marketing strategist, Georgina Wilson-Powell, author of ‘Is it Really Green – Every Day Eco Dilemmas Answered.
Georgina spent 16 years launching and running magazines for Lonely Planet Traveller, BBC Good Food, Morrisons, Time Out and many more. Now, Georgina is on a mission to use her career and skills as a force for good, to tackle society’s overconsumption of, well, everything which led her to found Pebble.
April Sotomayor, Sustainability Consultant iiE, said “We’re delighted that Georgina can join us as keynote speaker at this year’s event. Her experience, expertise, and enthusiasm within the field of sustainability makes her the ideal speaker to inspire individuals and organisations to make a real difference.”
Thank you to the organisations that are supporting the iiE Awards 2021, including BGL Group, Compare the Market, Roythornes Solicitors, Davies Veterinary Specialists, Ecotricity and Green Energy Switch.
Book your place today. You don’t need to be an Investors in the Environment member to benefit from these free online webinars.
|Event||Date||Time||Award||Link to register|
|Electrifying Transport||Monday 11th October||10am-11am||Sustainable Transport Champion||Sign up|
|Energy For The Future||Monday 11th October||2pm- 3pm||Best Carbon Reduction||Sign up|
|How your business can make biodiversity net-gains ||Tuesday 12th October||10am-11am||Natural Environmental Champion||Sign up|
|The Future of Waste||Wednesday 13th October||2pm-3pm||Best Waste Reduction||Sign up|
|How We Use Water in the Future||Wednesday 13th October||10am- 11am||Water Saviour||Sign up|
|Future Green Business Trends: What’s next?||Thursday 14th October||10am-12pm||Overall Outstanding Achievers, Sustainability Influencer||Sign up|