Five steps to success
We have developed a simple five-step process that you can follow to achieve each of the three official accreditation levels. Of course, if you have already implemented any of these you will achieve the accreditation you are striving for more quickly.
- Adopt an environmental policy. We can supply some templates to get you started.
- Measure your resource use and environmental impact. This could be as simple as assembling details of your utility bills, recent fuel usage and stationery costs, to give you a good baseline to work from.
- Set targets and agree an action plan. Targets are usually quite easy to agree, typically being a simple percentage improvement. Once targets are set, the action plan is also fairly straightforward.
- Implement the action plan. You can set your own timescales, so there’s no strict timetable to worry about.
- Monitor and report progress. This mostly means repeating the exercise in step two to see how your new performance compares to your baseline measures.
All of the above leads to you gaining accreditation. Once you can show you have achieved appropriate targets your accreditation is awarded.
Then you can keep on improving your environmental performance. It is important that any accreditation scheme doesn’t just ask for a one-off commitment, but instead ensures accredited organisations continue their commitment. This is why we also ask you to achieve continual improvement on an annual basis.
Find out more
You can download the criteria sheet to find out which level of accreditation would suit you and what you need to do to achieve it. Please contact us if you would like additional information about the different accreditation levels and how you can achieve them.